We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Chillblast - new pc

ZootHornRollo

Likes # 0

I am thinking of buying a new PC and going to CHILLBLAST for it. It will be used for gaming and I want it to be quiet as my last PC was very noisy.

The spec I have is I am working on is below. Can anyone see any problems with it and are Chillblast a good company to go with? Other posts seem to indicate they are.

Chillblast Fusion Longbow

Intel Core i5, 16GB, Radeon 6850, Peripherals Selected products: Fractal Design Define R3 Low Noise Case - Black Pearl - USB 3.0 Edition
Intel Core i5 3570K Processor Overclocked to up to 4.0GHz
Akasa Nero 3 Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler
Generic thermal paste
Quiet Cooling Fans Upgrade Pack
Asus P8Z77-V LX Motherboard
16GB PC3-10666 1333MHz DDR3 Memory (4 x 4GB sticks)
Chillblast NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560Ti 1024MB Graphics Card
1000GB 7200RPM Hard Disk - 6Gbps
Samsung Blu-Ray ROM / DVD-RW Combi Drive
OCZ StealthXstream 2 600W PSU
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI Express
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Standard Chillblast Cable Management
24" Asus VS247H Widescreen LED Monitor
Logitech MK520 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
Creative Gigaworks T20 II (High Quality 2.0 Speaker Set)

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

First problem is you have two CPU's, and two different GPU's. So as you can customise the PC which are you going for?

Chillblast Longbow. I actually prefer this one Chillblast Hurricane. Ivybridge is really not much of an improvement on Sandybridge and comes with a better,perhaps graphics card. Unfortunately it does not come with a monitor etc but as you have not specified a budget it is difficult to look at alternatives.

What sort of budget have you and what sort of games do you prefer?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I have a Fractal Design Define R3 case supplied by Chillblast. I have no complaints at all with Chillblast. The case is good but is not as quiet as I had expected but I think that depends on how many fans are fitted. I still like it but it is quite a large case.

You're going for a lot of RAM for games. Chronus will be better placed than I am to advise on that but I wonder if it is OTT. I have 16Gb myself but I do HD video editing.

One other thing is that with Chillblast is that comes with the OS installed and nothing else. No Nero or similar programs eg for Blu-Ray writing. The Samsung drive comes without any associated software.

Like this post
ZootHornRollo

Likes # 0

Thanks both

I am going for the 560 graphics card and overclocked Intel Core i5 3570K Processor

My budget is about 1300.00 max and although the RAM seems high it is the standard offering from Chillblast. Games I play are for example Mass Effect 3 and Bioshock 2 so a good card is essential.

Thanks in advance of any further advice you can give

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

When I bought from Chillblast I spent some time on the phone with their sales adviser and with their website open in front of me. He was very helpful and I ended up with a system which I am very pleased with. I spent a bit more on some parts and less on others. I did go over budget though! Ask for an e-mail quote.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback