We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Firefox passwords and bookmarks

mark3986

Likes # 0

hi my computer has had to go to the shop and get re installed windows on it but everything got backed up on it before had how can i get my firefox favourites and passwords back on my computer cheers

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

What did you use to back up the PC?

What was the pronlem hardware or software?

will an image restore put back the problem?

What op system?

Like this post
mark3986

Likes # 0

i dont know wot was used to back up the pc but its all on a external hd tried copying file over eg firefox but not worked

the problem was it was just not responding on start up or would go black and say enter disk and press enter

not sure

windows 7 home premium

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Anything here?

Like this post
mark3986

Likes # 0

no mate not as i can see

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Doesn't sound as though the bookmarks were backed up. I don't think that you can back up the passwords. A fresh install of Firefox and Windows would have wiped them. Sorry but I think that you are out of luck.

Like this post
Number six

Likes # 0

If you made a complete backup of your system drive, this will show you how to restore your profile, which contains all passwords, bookmarks etc.

firefox profile

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 launch event live: Windows 9 launch live blog - find out first as the new Windows is...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK