We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

will wireless speakers work with the TV?

Wendy

Likes # 0

I find sometimes the TV sound is a bit muffled. Rather than go for a hearing aid just yet, I wondered if I could put a wireless speaker or two in the room to improve the sound. Is this possible, or doesn't it work? The TV is Panasonic Viera 19inch.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

There is a guide here for you to look at enter link description here

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

One thing that might effect your decision is the audio output of the TV, if it has a headphone socket check to see if it disables the sets speakers, if it does the wireless speakers will be OK, if it doesn't you might get an echo effect which will make the problem worse.

As the speakers in most TV's point backwards to bounce the sound off the wall don't have flock wallpaper! grin

Like this post
Wendy

Likes # 0

Hi and thanks for both replies. I'm printing the instructions from the link.

No flock wallpaper (blimey!, no wallpaper at all - painted walls, but the TV is in a corner. I wonder if the sound is bouncing off the two walls causing the muffled effect? It's on a wall bracket.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I had wireless speakers for years - plugged them in to a headphone socket on the TV. In Holland I had a TV without one, but a shop repair man fitted on at a modest cost. You can, of course get special TV speaker systems.

Like this post
Wendy

Likes # 0

I had thought that the idea of wireless speakers would be that they don't need to be plugged in to the TV. Am I being over optimistic here?

Like this post
dagbladet

Likes # 0

"I had thought that the idea of wireless speakers would be that they don't need to be plugged in to the TV."

There will be a little 'widget' that plugs into the TV which sends the audio signal to the wireless speakers.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Yes, they usually have a headphone style plug that goes into the headphone socket of the TV (if it has one). Otherwise how would the signal get to them? They also have a Mains plug for power. I liked them in a Dutch flat as my wife and I liked different levels, and the ones I bought could be individually adjusted on the headphone to suit the wearers sound choice

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Sorry, I was thinking you meant wireless headphones, not speakers. A similar remark applies, however.I think any speakers will need to be plugged in.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Sounds like you have a Flat screen TV

If you plug speakers / headphones into the headphone socket it cuts out the TV speakers.

I connect my speaker or wireless headphones to the red and white audio out sockets via an adaptor to 3.5 jack.

That way everyone else can have sound at normal level and I can have the headphones as load as I need. :0)

TV connections

adaptor

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...