We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Free DVD Copy Software

johnincrete

Likes # 0

What is the best software to use to do 8 copies of a DVD which is not protected in any way (it is a home produced one)

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

If you have W7, why not use their own DVD burner?

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

P.S. If you want a freebie, try ImgBurn. I've used it for ISO disks for ages.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Serif and Ashampoo offer free download DVD cutting software. You could also have a look at http://www.majorgeeks.com and http://www.filehippo.com for suitable and recommended downloads

Like this post
johnincrete

Likes # 0

Thanks both Onthelimit: I'm using XP. I've downloaded ImgBurn and can't make head or tail of it. Spuds: I want to copy the DVD not burn from file

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Nero free? click here.

Or

Click here.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Why do you need to copy from the dvd ie burn on the fly usually you need 2 drives normal practice is to create an Iso image of the dvd which is an exact copy then burn from that.

IMGBURN> Create Image file from disc > then Write image file to disc obviously choosing the Iso you just created chose the number of copies from the drop down box .Ha! now you have to feed the beast fopr each copy about 15min at a safe low speed a disc

Like this post
johnincrete

Likes # 0

Thanks Eedcam. Now I understand ImgBurn & am creating the DVDs OK. It's easy when you know how but very difficult when you don't! It's a pity that most modern software is the same.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Glad you are sorted Johnincrete.Yes it is easy when you know how you can also use Imgburn for duplicating cd's slightly different process but no problem

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Advantage is that hidden files and boot information (if needed) is always copied.

Effectively, you are cloning the disc to .iso, then back to optical disc.

Plenty of other apps can do this of course, but Imgburn is the one for me too.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Sam Smith, Kylie & more live, for...

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

VR controller attempts to make Oculus Rift easier to use