We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Live Mail/BT Yahoo

CEL321

Likes # 0

Until recently once I downloaded my mail into Windows Live mail it dissappeared from my Yahoo Inbox. Now it stays there until I go back to BT Yahoo Inbox and delete it. I can't find an ooption to change this.

Can anyone help?

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

It looks like your advanced e-mail settings has got a tick in the option to "Leave a copy on the server"

Like this post
CEL321

Likes # 0

Thanks for the response. Sounds logical but is that a tick in BT Yahoo e-mail settings or Windows Live Mail settings. I cannot find such an option in either.

Like this post
CEL321

Likes # 0

Thanks for the response. Sounds logical but is that a tick in BT Yahoo e-mail settings or Windows Live Mail settings. I cannot find such an option in either.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

In your Windows Live Mail go to the Tools menu - then select Accounts. Highlight your mail account and click Properties. On the Advanced tab untick the box beside Leave a copy of messages on server - click Apply and OK.

Like this post
CEL321

Likes # 0

Found it! Many thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: Video shows 'new, reversable iPhone 6 cha'......