We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What Wireless Router ?

VideoSentry

Likes # 0

I would like to have a router that ( apart from the usual WI/FI ) I can connect a portable HDD to which would be accessable both from the WI-FI and via Internet. The plan being that my family can store files that would be available wherever we are.

Would the TP-Link TL-WR1043ND do the job ? The price seems good but I am unsure if I can connect to an attached HDD from the web.

Thanks

Like this post
SANAP

Likes # 0

yes you can but have you looked at reviews for this router, its tricky to set up, go their website and see support, it tells you how to set remote access.

sanap

Like this post
wmary10

Likes # 0

Things like this needs you to first check online and read reviews relating to this kind. Please try it and see if it works and let us know. Good luck.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...