We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to convert a "VCDHD" disc into a DVD or similar - keeping all menus etc

PC_HelpMe

Likes # 0

Hi folks,

Is there any way I can convert a VCDHD disc that I have into a DVD disc or similar? The VCDHD disc has menus that come up and I want to retain them if possible. I know I can't just "copy" the disc as it will copy another VCDHD. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated on if this can be done and, if so, what software I can use.

Thanks for reading.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Like this post
PC_HelpMe

Likes # 0

Hi and thanks for your reply. My disc does say vcdhd - but if that is the same I will try your link.

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

I believe that VCDHD refers to the type of disc and not the format of data written on it. Use Windows Explorer to determine the format of the video. I believe a straight copy will be OK.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Unless your disc explores as as a Video _ts folder you cant. Also the size of the file should tell you you can only get about 15 mins or so of avchd on a dvd

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

Some info on VCDHD click here.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

G SpotAye from about 2006 should think its died the death by now albeit it says will play on most dvd players? if so then just copy it Pchelp me install Gspot no its not rude that will tell you exactly what format the video is in its free

Like this post
PC_HelpMe

Likes # 0

Hi everyone, well I feel a tad stupid.

I checked via "My Computer" what the disc says when in the laptop, and it calls it a "DVD". However, I tried to just do a straight copy using Nero 8 and it "failed to read" the disc. I guess I at least know it is a DVD disc then?

Thanks for your help and advice. Very much appreciated.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room