We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet Explorer 9. Problem with tabs.

Migwell
Resolved

Likes # 0

When I open a new tab in M/S Explorer 9 it opens as a blank page no matter how many times I set it to open with(your First Home Page) I have noticed that the aply button stays grayed out at this point. It will work with the (First Home Page )Setting until I colse down explorer and re-open it.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Try Internet Options.general Tabs settings and press restore defaults Ok.Then restart I/E.

or run the Fixit on this.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

That resets I/E back to its original state.Not sure if you loose your favorites that way or not.

Like this post  
johndrew

Likes # 0

If you look in Tools (the gear wheel at top right), Internet Options/Tabs then click Settings, select "Restore Defaults" and click "OK" then "Apply" then "OK". Close the browser and then restart it and see if it is still not working. If not then try "When a new tab is opened, open:" ensure "Your first home page" is selected then click "OK" then "Apply" then "OK". Restart the browser again and see if it works. If it still fails then I have no idea other than something may be broken.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Click on the Windows live mail with the dropdown box on the top left.

Choose Options and then mail.Then spelling.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Cancel that last one it was for a different post .sorry.

Like this post
Migwell

Likes # 0

Thanks Buteman that link to reset Explorer has worked. Thank goodness, as that was starting to annoy me, just a little thing but you know how little things can drive you mad.

Again many thanks Migwell

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback