We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No browser connection - but there is- so whats up here

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

A brand new tablet- it came yesterday[I succumbed having said I would not go for this frippery] Sorting out what it colud an amzing lot in cluding Sat nave - imagine a 10 inch sat nav. When suddenly it announced a WiFi connection - could not access the browser So i did some tests - sure enough Googl would not come up Maps would not load etc. Zenithink ZT-280 C91 So I sent two test Emails to my self then started the desktyop and there they were So mail works but general borwsing does not.

Is it broke?

The Tablet? it is a Zenithink ZT-280 C91from Amazon

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Sorted but still a puzzlement.

The 'No browser connection' came up but I never the less composed and sent 2 E-mail from from my Yahoo account to the Gmail account and vice versa. Both were sent, from the tablet and each received on the iTouch and Desk top. But browser remained unobtainable But browser remained unobtainable

Trawling through set up controls revealed a Wi Fi [ To router]switch had switched off and switching it on all came back to life

But if there was no Wi Fi connection during this time- how did the Emails get sent?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

magic? or the power of positive thinking?

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

I allways thought I was something special about me :-)

In the setting up of this thing there is a selector that allows GPS data to be accessed through the mobile net work, I wonder if the mails got out that way? Though I dont have a mobile account.all very mysterious

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You're way ahead of me, I've just got a Galaxy Tab. Can't make head nor tail of it yet. Work in progress - learning about Android before I dare to even think about connecting it to net - got it on Flight mode at moment ;-)

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

The manual is a joke - as usual - a tiny 8 pager with images and type so small I cant read it with a magnifyer I got it paired with case cum USB keyboard and 30Gb card storge- that is the size of phone sim -I just keep on beeing amazed how this gear keeps getting smaller and smaller. Just downloaded a free office suite so going to play around with th!at for while indoors out of the sun

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK