We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 product key query

CurlyWhirly
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have a genuine copy of Windows 7 Home Premium (both the 32 bit and 64 bit DVD versions) along with the product key.

What I want to do is install the 32 bit version on my other PC but I can't do that using the product key that came with the package as I have already used that on the 64 bit version that I have installed.

I think the product key will work with either version but not both.

What I'm wondering is that instead of creating an ISO DVD (I don't really know how to do it), couldn't I just use the 32 bit DVD rather than use the link mentioned in my screenshot ?

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2wef4le.jpg[/IMG]

Any ideas anyone ?

Cheers.

Like this post
CurlyWhirly

Likes # 0

Mmm.. I installed it and it activated okay so it must be a genuine unused key or otherwise Microsoft would have picked it up during the verification process ?

It is around 8 months since I bought it and so during this time if it had been a pirated product key, surely it would have been activated on too many PC's by now and being blocked ?

Like this post
CurlyWhirly

Likes # 0

lotvic, yes I paid a tenner for the product key

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...