We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

error 101

briskem1

Likes # 0

There is just 1 website I cannot connect to via virgin cable it says error 101 connection was reset ? using my 3 dongle i have no probs . and website says they haven't blocked my isp addy argghhh what can i do? thanks for any help offered

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Knowing which website might help?

Like this post
briskem1

Likes # 0

it's ..... www.yoursaypays.co.uk

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Connect Ok for me using Virginmedia via cable.

If using I/E go to internet options.Security and make sure they are set to default.See if that makes any difference.

Like this post
briskem1

Likes # 0

using google chrome ie set at default, no difference i cant access website from any browser

Like this post
briskem1

Likes # 0

Error 101 (net::ERRCONNECTIONRESET): The connection was reset.

is exactly what it says??

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Your link works OK for me in Chrome. IE9 and Firefox 13. You might want to look at this link regarding Malware

Like this post
briskem1

Likes # 0

would uninstalling chrome and then re installing do the trick?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

2 things to try:

Clear the browser cache - Spanner - Tools - Clear Browsing Data and make sure that only cache is checked.

Spanner - Settings - Advanced Settings - Network and Proxy settings and check that a proxy isn't being used.

Like this post
briskem1

Likes # 0

nope that didn't work?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

If you can't access the site from any browser as you say in your earlier post then fiddling around with Chrome will not solve the problem, you have an issue which is not browser related which is why I suggested the Malware check in my previous post.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes