We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

xp font size on web pages

johnnyrocker
Resolved

Likes # 0

after an nvidia upgrade to my system i was left with a pic much larger etc,i tried all i knew but it made no odds so i thought i would do a system restore. this went through the motions and eventually said restore not possible and to try another date, funny thing is that pic size etc was all resolved with the exception of font sizes which from all the adjustments i have tried do nothing about web pages althoughby altering the zoom size i can get acceptable results i am left with very large print around the window IE alterations do little for the word content any ideas please XP pro SP3

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

johnnyrocker have you got it sorted yet?

rdave13 thanks, Now I understand, you only see the actual %age (105%) in IE at the bottom right. In Firefox it doesn't tell you the %age when you zoom in & out.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Yes but I find the "+" and "-" near the address bar handy as well as the CTRL+mouse wheel.

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

there is some progress but i am still on webpage problems re font sizes along with outlook express and i dont know how all this happened

johnny

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It sound to me, if all info correct, that it is a GPU driver problem.

This is detailed instructions from Nvidia how to roll back drivers.

Link

With XP it was always required to uninstall the GPU drivers before installing newer ones. Hopefully rolling back the drivers and a reboot will repair the problem.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

What is your Screen Resolution set at?

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

morning folks my screen resolution is set at 1440x900 if that helps, meanwhile i am going to try the driver rollback.

johnny

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

even after the rollback it does not seem right in that the fonts on page description are ok but say with hotmail etc the content is tiny i hope i have explained myself ok

johnny

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If it's just Fire Fox that's the problem now have a look here. Especially the How do I set the minimum text size for Text Zoom? heading.

In the advanced fonts pane check the box is ticked for Allow pages to use their own fonts,instead of my selection above.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

My screen resolution is set at 1024 x 768 pixels. I find any more than that and I can't read the screen comfortably because text is too small......

Try altering yours and see what you think.

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

lotvic

looks like you may have cracked it for me but i shall see how tonight goes but it seeems infinitely better

johnny

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers