We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

xp font size on web pages

johnnyrocker
Resolved

Likes # 0

after an nvidia upgrade to my system i was left with a pic much larger etc,i tried all i knew but it made no odds so i thought i would do a system restore. this went through the motions and eventually said restore not possible and to try another date, funny thing is that pic size etc was all resolved with the exception of font sizes which from all the adjustments i have tried do nothing about web pages althoughby altering the zoom size i can get acceptable results i am left with very large print around the window IE alterations do little for the word content any ideas please XP pro SP3

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

fingers crossed :)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I hope it work too. lotvic, tried you resolution but the screen went huge for me and not really usable. The recommended screen resolution for my set-up is 1280 x 1024 and only have a 17" screen. GeForce 8600 GT very old man GPU.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Guess it's down to personal choice, whatever you're comfortable with :)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I agree but do you have to scroll to see different parts of the web page?

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

i have settled on 1152x720 which seems to work the best and my thanks to all who took the trouble to help me.

johnny

Like this post  
lotvic

Likes # 0

rdave13, no they all display ok when browsing, pages fit fine, but have to on pca if I want to see the adverts on the right ;) That's because I adjusted pca with Crtl scroll until only got best part showing - the threads and posts ;-) all pca pages/tabs open like that now, only adjusted it once ages ago.

I don't have to adjust it back again to have another tab open on a different web site, they display full width page - I don't know why that is, but I'm happy with it.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

johnnyrocker glad you got it how you want now

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer