We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

new laptop plenty baggage.

KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

OK,So got the laptop, Original thread,

No one warned me about the amount of bundled garbage that comes with a new laptop, I am seriously considering wiping the HDD and installing a fresh copy of windows 7.

One question though can I just stick on a copy of Widows 7 and activate it with the COA that comes with the laptop?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

have to agree with you about the garbage that comes with a new computer it is pathetic that they are allowed to do that.

As you know I downloaded W/7 Sp1 and ran it on my grand daughters computer using the keycode on the COA sticker without any problems.Mind you that was on a New hard drive.I would imagine it would be Ok but will leave that for others to comment.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

decrapifier designed for your job

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

buteman

So you did.I remember your your post cocerning your granddaughters laptop.I think I am going to go the SSD route,perhaps get a 256GB for my desktop and use the 128GB which will be freed up for my laptop. Prices of SSD's are dropping in price pretty rapidly so this route is definitely under consideration,

Fruit Bat /\0/

Way ahead of you on that bit of software. Including games that came with Wild Tangent I have removed 30 items. A clean and bare installation of Widows 7 is a must,I beleive.

Like this post
samkallis

Likes # 0

Web design is creation of designs in the web pages of the web site. Web design constitutes more innovated and technical aspects with huge information. Web designs are the process of modeling, designing, structuring and executing the aspects which are suitable for the web site. Web designs may comes up with collections of more designs as per the ideas and plans to make the web site with more new web designs. Web designs include contents, files, tags, update pages, graphics and so on. Generally web designs comprises of innovated and graphical techniques as well as they are created to become easy approachable to the web searchers and it is done using wide understandable techniques.

Web Design India

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Chronus, I've got so used to the rubbish that comes with new laptops I never though of mentioning it. I just go to the desktop, see what's on, and straight to programs and features. The only thing I do keep is the webcam software. If you're going to use the SSD then you should save even more battery power.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Spam by samkallis, FE notified.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

rdave13

I have also discovered that it will not now allow me to install office 2007 and this is because there was a trial version of 2010 which I uninstalled but it leaves enough rubbish behind which even Revo misses that you cannot install 2007. A common enough problem I have found through Google.

So I am just setting up a USB to install a fresh copy of Windows 7.This is by the way an absolute nightmare and in future i will have to think very carefully if I want to go through tis just to have a piece of kit work the way I want.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a look at the fix-it

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

PS I never use revo to uninstall any Microsoft products.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If you're doing a fresh install worth using Double-Driver to backup all non Windows drivers?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room