We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC Advisor speed test result query

Al Davies

Likes # 0

Hi folks,

I have performed the PC Advisor broadband speed test and seem to get an odd result.

The test says my download speed is 0.48 Mbps which seems far too low and tests using three other speed checkers say my speed is between 4.3 and 4.4 Mbps.

Can anyone explain please?

Thanks

A.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Variations can happen sometimes, depending on the route the test might take, at the time of the check.

Always pays to try other 'reliable' speed-tests, and then make the best assessment to your speeds, as it would seem that you have already tried.

http://www.speedtest.net is a reliable checker, which is recommended by some ISP's. With this speed checker - tester your can make your own decision as to where you want the test to start, and how the various results appear.

Like this post
Al Davies

Likes # 0

Many thanks,

I was getting around 1.5 Mbps until I complained to my ISP then the speed increased to aroun 4.9 for a month or so.

Now it has stabilised at around 4.3 Mbps.

Thanks for your response.

Al

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks