We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

in private browsing won't connect to websites

march

Likes # 0

Have vista and ie9 in google and bing when I try to go on 'in private browsing' I get a message saying Internet Explorer cannot display the web page, I have checked that in private browsing is turned on, can anyone suggest what could be causing it please?

Thanks March

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

In IE9 when I go to in private a new window opens stating "in private is turned on" I then insert the URL or open the favorite for the website that I want. Is this how you are doing it?

Like this post
march

Likes # 0

Yes Woolwell I do, it says 'inprivate is turned on' when I put in the url it attempts to connect to site, then it comes up 'internet explorer cannot display the web page'

Like this post
march

Likes # 0

Ive been playing around with this and if for instance I type in 'pcadvisor' it will not connect but if I type in the complete url for pcadvisor it connects. I thought I would have only to put 'pcadvisor' not the whole address?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I think that it should connect but do you have any ad-block or history cleaning programs running?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...