We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Slippery Mouse

thegreypanther

Likes # 0

May sound daft this, but I find that using my mouse (MS Intelli Mouse)is like holding a bit of quicksilver. Only by keeping the mouse a good distance away from the keyboard (MS 3000 Wireless Desktop keyboard) does it seem to behave.

I have tried altering the various settings for the mouse, but am left feeling that the wireless signal to the keyboard somehow interferes with the mouse wireless signal.

Do I have an over-vivid imagination, or can this really happen? And if it IS the case, how can one get over the problem, - short of keeping the mouse and keyboard several feet apart?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Some suggestions here but have you tried a different usb port? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321122

Like this post
thegreypanther

Likes # 0

Many thanks, rdave13. It may be my imagination, but after changing the USB port from one at the back to one at the front, and also reinstalling the driver software, the mouse doesn't appear to be quite as slippery. Let's hope that does the trick, as the erratic behaviour beforehand was driving me nuts.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...