We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Backing up on a daily, weekly and monthly basis

Mrs Bear

Likes # 0

We work in a small office with 6 networked computers what is the current best way to back up our current working files on a regular basis. I don't think we are ready for drop box and we are currently using robocopy which isn't great.
Thank you

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

DropBox is free and works seamlessly OK you only get 2GB storage free but that can quite easily be increased to 20GB.It works for me anyway.Plus I have 1TB NAS Drive soon to be increased to 2TB. I use Goodsync to back up selected folders to the NAS drive and as any files are added or deleted these will also be added or deleted from the NAS drive. I have only 3 PC's connected and I must admit it works pretty much unattended. I check now and again that the folders have been kept in sync and so far so good.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Similar to Chronus in that I have four PC's networked and use Allway Sync to backup personal data to external drives and to a central PC. With Allway Sync you can also recover old versions of a data file in the event of later versions of that file being corrupted in some way or by incorrect entries - a very useful feature as I have found out.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Mrs. Bear: all I'd say is - never rely on having just one backup...

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Just out of interest I know of a small company that had their backups on the same disk/partition and when it crashed so did their business, as all of their customer details and their financial details were consigned to nevernever land.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad