We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

games keep exiting to windows every few minutes

adambucky

Likes # 0

Hi I recently bought a new pc (specs: Windows 7,1TB Hard drive, 8gb Ram, I7 Processor and Nvidia gtx 560ti graphics card). I have bought three different games all of which minimise and exit to desktop every 2 or 3 minutes. Does anyone have an idea of what the problem might be and how to fix it? (I will post this in the games forum aswell in case someone can help there) Thanks

Like this post
bebbo

Likes # 0

See if you have the most up to date drivers for your video card. It also maybe something starting in the background, maybe a virus scan? may be worth disabling for a bit and test.

Like this post
bebbo

Likes # 0

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

How recent is this new pc? There could be a problem with the graphics card or other hardware. Suggest you contact the supplier.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Having an anti virus or spyware programme running at the same time can cause this problem. Especially AVG. Try shutting down or disabling any security software you have running whilst you play, and see if it makes a difference. Or do you have a slideshow running as your wallpaper? This will minimize your game every time it changes.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Looks like Win 7 is reverting to basics while the GPU DRIVER is recovering.

bebbo's link for auto driver update should fix it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...