We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dymo Label Printer

Daiol
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good day to all,I have a Dymo 310 label printer had it for some time been working well must have printed thousands of labels. Now over the past few labels I have noticed that the print is not so good as its been,The question is.Is it the printer at fault or maybe the rolls of labels,Must say that I have had the stock of labels for some time bought from ebay some moons ago. Any help here please printer or maybe labels??. Many thanks in advance.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

You can use the head cleaning sheet that came with it - if you can find it! Or, just put a length of fairly stiff rough surfaced paper with some alcohol on through the machine. The labels last a long time but tend to loose their stickiness.

When we had lots of these printers I got adept at taking the heads off to clean but it is fiddly and the dot matrix head is sharp - I have cuts to the fingers to prove it. I now use Zebra label printers and print everything from Word, the later Dymos can only be used with DYmo labels an I wanted a size they dont do.

Like this post
Daiol

Likes # 0

Thanks for reply,No I have no cleaning card had printer a very long time maybe 4 years,Did try a piece of card in though end product 'no joy'Text bit spoty. Regarding the 'Zebra label printers'Did have a look at them rather pricey printers you must use then for pro work. Thanks.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

I do a few labels -- about 500,000 a year -- but mainly only about 10 of any one type -- thats why we store them as Word docs!

Like this post  
Daiol

Likes # 0

thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more