We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Packardbell MZ35 wont boot

jkasigara

Likes # 0

My easy note mz35 power up but nothing happens all the light are on but nothing displays on the screen and no any sound

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Have you tried starting in safe mode by tapping f8 at start up.Or hooking it up to an external monitor to see if it works on that.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

My sister just had what sounds like the exact same problem. She took out the battery and left it for a few minutes, reinserted the battery - and hey presto! Something to do with resetting the CMOS, I think.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

ANy fans running or hard drive noise?

If its booting OK but screen is blank then possibly set to external screen mode:-

try Fn + one of the Fkeys(F5) with blue square press once to swap to external again for LCD and external and again for just LCD.

If that doesn't work then shine a torch on the screen if you can see a faint image then possibly inverter or back light has failed.

If not booting then make sure no disks in drives or USB devices attached. see if it will boot to tools menu by tapping f8 or f5 as it first starts and do a startup repair from the menu.

Like this post
jkasigara

Likes # 0

I have reset the CMOS battery by taking it off power the machine without the battery and put back the battery, but no luck. actually there is no HD activity it was the fan sound. Any idea...

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

A. try booting with nothing in dvd drive and all usb devices unplugged.

B.

1. Turn off the computer,
  2. Take the battery out
  3. Take out the power supply
  4. Push and hold the power button down for 30 seconds.
  5. Reconnect power supply
  6. see if it will reboot
  7. refit battery

C. remove and refit HDD to remake connections then see if it will boot.

Like this post
jkasigara

Likes # 0

I have try A, B, and C but no luck yet

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

try tapping F8 or F5 at first boot and see if it will go to a tools menu.

have you tried to get into the BIOS? (F1 Del or ESC keys)

Have you tried booting from a bootable CD such as a Vista w7 DVD or Linux CD?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

jkasigara

As you have removed the CMOS battery maybe it is starting with the wrong connection.

Check again and if floppy is switched on disable it, Have it set to either run from the hard drive or the CD drive.Some times when you remove the CMOS battery the computer will try and start with the floppy drive even though it does not have one.If that's the case disable it.

Like this post
jkasigara

Likes # 0

The problem nothing displays . it becoming chicken and egg situation.I have try to connect to an external monitor and change for external VGA mode, boot with linux centos bootable cd but nothing displays.Press F1 Del for Bios setup but no luck. Any more sugestions

thanks

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Looks as if BIOS is stuck and not progressing

remove mains lead

remove battery

remove CMOS battery

leave for a few hours

reconnect (renew) connect CMOS battery

connect to mains and retry.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia