We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Painting my PC case.

KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I have stripped my Lian Li PC8FIB PC case to its component parts and I have removed all switches, the optical drive faceplate and will be sanding and priming in due course. I intend to spray paint it silver with several coats of clear coat to finish. My question is what would be the best type of paint to use?Nearly all the surface I will be painting is metal but obviously the front bezel of the optical drive is plastic.

This is my first attempt t painting myself,I have had other cases powder coated but that tends to be quite a thick coating and can cause problems with switch and buttons so I am hoping hand painting will be thinner coating. Just not sure of the correct paint type.

And why am I doing it,I managed to scratch the case slightly which has annoyed me so I thought this would be a great chance to learn a bit more about modding.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I usually use plasti-kote Details

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Just what I am looking for, seems ideal,thanks.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

I have been painting old gash furniture.

Bookcase, dining table and a set of bunk-beds.

My advice. Don't. It takes bloody days and days.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

(results are nice though)

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Time I have plenty of so I really do not mind. Like everything else make sure that the right tools and equipment are to hand and go for it. I intend to get into air brushing in due course put some artwork on the cases.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...