We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problems with Microsoft Outlook

Squirrel1
Resolved

Likes # 0

During ongoing issues with a nasty email problem (seprate post), I have given up with Mozzilla Thunderbird and have now setup Microsoft Outlook on my freinds PC. This seems to have solved some issues, but one still remains.

Start Outlook and it fetches emails from GoogleMail's server ok, open the email and that seems fine, until you click on any web content within the opened email. I then get a message saying that the action has been canceled due to restrictions on the PC. I have not setup any restrictions.

Any suggestions please....I will post a YouTube Video if need be, but I must sort this out.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

I had a similar problem some couple of years ago wherein I was using Outlook (not Outlook Express) for my BT e-mail and incorporated Sky e-mail. It functioned with the Sky e-mail initially and then started to come up with error messages similar to yours. I removed the Sky e-mail account from Outlook and it functioned OK. I associated the problem that that being a Microsoft product it would not allow the integration of A N Other product. With regard to google-mail I have that as a separate entity to Outlook and do not have a problem.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I use Googlemail with Outlook without any problem what so ever.

Need yo know which version of Outlook and what your default browser is.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Posted too soon - are you trying to open links from the e-mails?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

"I associated the problem that that being a Microsoft product it would not allow the integration of A N Other product" - Not quite correct. It depends on what is being opened. Sky should have worked fine with Outlook. Outlook is one of the more secure e-mail clients. You cannot send or open exe files and the workround is top zip them

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

This may be the solution that you want MS Support

Like this post  
Squirrel1

Likes # 0

Thank you all, for your help. The solution privided by Woolwell done the trick.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks