We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wireless printing with Canon Pixma 495. How?

eoinrua

Likes # 0

The title says it all. I haven't a clue how to go about this, as the Canon manual explains nothing in many different languages. It has to be the worst manual ever. And I haven't been overly impressed by the printer itself.

Anyway, I'm using Windows Vista and the BT Home Hub router. The Windows Control Panel is no help at all and I'm not sure what I'm trying to do, as the Canon manual is so awful.

Effectively, what I want to do is print from my downstairs computer on my upstairs printer without cabling-up. And I don't want to use a "spare" computer as a print server.

The Canon Pixma 495 is wifi enabled, although it doesn't allow ad-hoc connections. So what am I trying to do? Computer to router and printer to router?

And, whatever combination is involved, how do I go about it?

Looking forward to your help.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Any help here? Canon set up.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer