We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows 7 updates.

westgolf

Likes # 0

My desktop computer runs W/7.Every time I am logging out / switching off - it says ; dont power off 2 x updates to complete.This has occurred repeatedly for @ 8 days. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to take some other action ? Thanks.

Like this post
westgolf

Likes # 0

Surprised I haven't had a response ? still not sorted, what do I do ? Please help . Thanks.

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

I think a few people had "issues" with last weeks batch of updates. There were a couple of threads, here, on the subject. I don't think anyone had a definative solution. There were 18 updates, altogether, but two seem to be a particular issue, and I had some problems. My system crashed, completely, so I had to restore back to before the updates.

I then went into Windows Update. De-selected the lot, and then did each one, manually, one at a time. Extremely tedious, and a lot of re-booting, after each, but they all went through ok.

Try doing each, manually. If necessary, both ways round. They may both work, that way, or you may be left with one "culprit". If so, a visit to Microsoft's forum, may find a solution.

Like this post
westgolf

Likes # 0

Thanks for this, will try & then feedback.

Like this post
westgolf

Likes # 0

Have now tried repeatedly to get individual updates to take & the group update from MS , but none will take, any ideas please ? Thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...