We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

These 2 problems need to be resolved before I sell laptop to my work colleague please!!

julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and good moring to you all. Urgent help is needed for me pls, lol. I've currently got a 6 month old laptop that i'm selling to a work colleague on monday. Ive got a desktop and an android tablet, so ive decided I dont need the laptop as well.

The first problem is that I want to remove the password that I have on the user screenwhen the laptop is switched on, or idle for a while..if colleage once passowrd then she can do it herself. Thats first issue.

The second and more frustraing one is this: A few months ago, I was using revo uninstaller to reove unwanted programs that came with this Toshiba laptop. All of a sudden when i log onto the laptop and log in with my password,..the following error appears:

DashUi.exe system error. The program cant start becos Qtcore4.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. I need to get this sorted ASAP please.

I think it something to do with the fact that I removed all the games from the laptop, but not sure.

As much help as possible would be appreciated, i'm off to my sisters palce for a few hours, but i'll be checking on my tablet pc for any anwers solutions, so willbe back before champions league kick off, haha. All heip would be much appreicated.

Thanks

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

For the password go to Start Control Panel then User Accounts. Don't know about the rest.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

You may think you have cleaned Windows but all your passwords and other personal hidden data will still be knocking around.

I would restore back to Factory Settings then install Ccleaner to wipe all unused space.

If you didn't make a set of Recovery DVDs, make them and include with the sale.

Use the Recovery Partition on the main drive (DVDs are backup insurance in case the partition fails)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Make the Recovery DVD's after you have restored to Factory Settings

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

You could try C Cleaner to see if it removes Qtcore4.dll properly or any other registry cleaner if you have one installed.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

just want to edit my previous post, it should have read:

You can make Recovery DVD's after you have restored to factory settings if you have used up that facility and can't do it before, and then you can restore to factory again to wipe off your user details so that new owner can put their own details/name on as the owner.

Like this post
julius44

Likes # 0

Hello all, thanks for all your help so far, the password problem has been resolved,...onthelimit1, thanks for info for that. But i still need to sort out the Qtcore4.dll error that I have ive used glary utilities and cc cleaner, and when i restart the laptop, its still there...any suggestions pls??

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 1

Always restore TO FACTORY SETTINGS ANY PC you think of selling. Regardless if you know the purchaser or not. Scrub the white space first with Ccleaner, a single run should be enough, then restore. If any of your accounts are compromised after selling, then you will know it will have nothing to do with the buyer. Safety at all times.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Have a look here. Google.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Wise words from rdave13, I'll second that.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback