We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

what is best to upgrade on my pc for gaming

canyoncrash

Likes # 0

hallo im looking to upgrade my pc to be ready for mop from wow. im hoping there is a cheap way to get 60 fps on full status but not sure what is the slowest part of my pc sins i dont know aloth from it. this is my pc status: windows 7 intel core i7 cpu 870@ 2.93 Ghz cpu speed: 2.95 system memory: 5.99gb ATI HD 5800 series 3.73gb memory video card driver: aticfx32.dll hard disk size 931.41GB (88%free)

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Download and install SIW the free version is enough. Then after installing and running please click on the Video heading under Hardware on the left hand side. This will tell you what graphics card you have. You have posted HD 5800 this is the series not your actual graphics card.It could be either a 5830/5850 or 5870.Are you using Windows 7 if so is it 32 or 64 BIT? What frames per second are you getting now?

Like this post
canyoncrash

Likes # 0

its a 5870 and a 64B windows 7 and on 25man full graficc i only get like 20 fps atm

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

You might find this useful. Speckie.

Sorry but what does on 25man full graphic mean?

You should be getting a decent framerate with that card and upgrading would not necessarily be cheap. You only have a small amount of RAM for 64 BIT Windows 7 so you could look at adding more. What size monitor are you using? I cannot really advise further till I get back to my desktop, changing cases,PSU and graphics card at the moment. But will have a look later.

Sent from my iPad.

Like this post
canyoncrash

Likes # 0

i mean 25 man raid group on full grafic and 6gig ram not enough?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

You put 2.95 system memory.

Anyway your card can easily handle W O W and you should get top frame-rates, see hereHd5870 and W O W. According to that you should be getting 97fps with 8x AA on a 24 inch monitor.

Like this post
canyoncrash

Likes # 0

wel its pritty rare i get 60 fps and i dont know what i got some addons but not that mutsh to get low fame rate. so its a other problem then not the system i got what gives me the low fps?

Like this post
canyoncrash

Likes # 0

is it maby possible that my motherbord is slowing my pc down or that dusnt matter that mutsh?

Like this post
canyoncrash

Likes # 0

i got a 01996 motherbord so dont know if that is any good

Like this post
canyoncrash

Likes # 0

oeps mislookt motherbord is MS-7616

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I presume your PC is a Medion? It would be helpful if you could give the model number which you will find on the PC somewhere.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features