We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

application updater.exe from spigot please help remove it

patso

Likes # 0

Hi my avg firewall rules keep asking me if i want to allow or block application updater.exe i read on the web it is a virus but nobody knows how to get rid of it.i keep blocking it but how did i get it anfd how can i get rid of it.i have malwarebytes and acg full .windows 7 64 bit toshiba satellite c660 intel core i3 4 gig ram any help please Patso

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a look here.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Maybe give HitmanPro a run to see if it finds any problems.Download it in safe mode with networking.

Like this post
patso

Likes # 0

hi rdave 13 i tried that link i dont seem to have the toolbar installed.i do have youtube downloader is it linked to that prog?some on web say it is i will uninstall and see what happens.malwarebytes didm=nt find anything so why would avg firewall ask to block?it must be somewhere on my system.thanks buteman where will i get hitman pro?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

rdave13

Hi I know you don't like WOT.But the results for your click here says it is a poor program to open.

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/spigot.com

Although WOT does not like it it does not mean that it is bad but you can't be to careful out there.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

If this does not find anything it may be a false positive from AVG.

http://www.surfright.nl/en

Like this post
patso

Likes # 0

thanks again i have downloaded hitman pro am going to log off and scan in safe mode and i will post back later,matbe i will uninstall yt dloader as well and see,is avg firewall better than the windows one as i have only started using it recently and had very little probs with the windows one,thanks again

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Maybe switch the AVG Firewall of and use Windows Firewall Just to see if it finds any problems.I have tried the AVG Firewall before and found it to be a bit complicated for me.

But I would think that the AVG Firewall should be as good as the Windows 7 Firewall or possibly better.

Either one would do.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

See if the toolbar is disabled in one of your browsers then enable it so you can uninstall from the toolbar. It's one of these programs that isn't malware but can be a nuisance. If still no luck do a search for Spigot then Dealio and delete the folders. Some info where the folder/s can be found, link.

Failing that see if Revo can get rid of it.

Like this post
patso

Likes # 0

Ok thanks again for all the help I will do as suggested and will post back the results hoping its a false positive and glad to hear its just a rest programme. Hopefully ill get to the bottom me it. Thanks again

Like this post
patso

Likes # 0

Hi again,i just found the folder its in windows C program files(x86)Application updater.can i just delete this without any problems to my system,i have added block it to firewall rules permanently as well. Thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide