We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can't set my User Picture. Windows 7

Tycho

Likes # 0

When I try to put one of my photos in my user account, clicking on "Browse for more pictures does not open the expected explorer window so I can't choose one of my own photos.

Any thoughts?

Nick

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Once the Browse for more pictures pane opens, select the Organize tab -> Layout -> and tick the box for the navigation pane. You can then browse to any of your picture folders.

Like this post
Tycho

Likes # 0

That is the problem rdave 13. The window does not open. The "Browse for more pictures" link does nothing.

Nick

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I misunderstood when you said does not open the expected explorer window , thinking that it had opened a pane. My mistake.

Run the system file checker a couple of times then reboot and see if that helps. Link.

Like this post
Tycho

Likes # 0

Right ho. I will have a go.

N

Like this post
Tycho

Likes # 0

I did the scannow twice but it found no problem and there now change in the behaviour of the link. I still can't open the browser window.

What's next to try?

Nick

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Try by accessing the Change Pic Screen the other way - both methods are ClickHere I mean if you are getting there by clicking on picture -Method 1, then try Method 2 (via control panel)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

OK. Try this, type advanced in the search bar. Select view advanced system settings. Under the advanced tab select the settings tab under Performance. Make sure the box is ticked to show thumbnails instead of icons. Click apply.

Like this post
Tycho

Likes # 0

lotvic

I fear that neither way works. :-(

N

Like this post
Tycho

Likes # 0

rdave13

It is already has the box ticked : show thumbnails instead of icons.

Hm...

Thanks for trying. Anything else to try out?

Nick

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try un-ticking it, apply-ok. Open again and tick the box-apply-ok. Reboot.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...