We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Replacement

grandad-Barry
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi can anybody tell me of a motherboard that will fit in my case to replace a motherboard that has died the old one is a (P61WF) Thanks

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

To answer your question which to say the least is exceedingly sparse in detail is going to be tricky.

Is this your motherboard? Mobo. If so that is a Intel P 111 motherboard. Do you know what processor you have.By the way this is old.

There is one on eBay Mobo+CPU.

Like this post
thms

Likes # 0

As the previous poster has said a bit more info is required. What kind of case is it going into and what size is the psu?

Like this post
grandad-Barry

Likes # 0

Hi sorry for not giving enough information the mobo certainly looks identical to mine the case has got packard bell and intel caleron on it and it was running windows XP. Google tells me its a P61WF Motherboard + Intel Celeron 1.2GHz CPU. I was wanting to put a motherboard in that was capable of running windows 7 if it was possible but would that be to costly I suppose? Not sure of the psu but I suppose that would also have to be changed but any other information would be most helpful Thanks.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

To be honest, you would be better off - if your budget allows - buying a new computer.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 1

Lots of info on ClickHere upgrade motherboard Packard Bell and has chart

If it was me, I would be looking for a brand new computer as your PSU probably won't be powerful enough either and it'll be getting a bit worn out.

Like this post  
grandad-Barry

Likes # 0

Thanks to you all in the bin it goes

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Keep the harddrive and any other useful bits that work, Floppy drive, CD drive, Ram memory etc. and cables.

or tell me where your bin is ;-)

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

* Floppy drive* Useful???? The RAM will be virtually useless also, CD dive will be IDE, most,if not all optical drives these days are Sata.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do