We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lost TomTom Go 710 SD Card.

Legslip

Likes # 0

Can anyone assist? I cannot find the SD card. Is there anyway of loading a new card with the data and default maps?

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

If you have made a backup to the PC, put a formatted SD card into the TT and copy/paste across from the back up. My pack ups tend to go to the TT folder in Programme Files. I'm on XP

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

..back ups..

Like this post
Legslip

Likes # 0

You guessed it. NO BACKUP! Slap my wrists...

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Can you borrow someone's. Looks as if you might have to pay for another, but bear in mind with all the offers around might be worth a new TT. I have always kept the original seperate and operate from a copy/paste one. We all learn when it's too late!! Mine is a different model so a copy from mine is probably no good.

See if others here have any suggestions.

Like this post
Legslip

Likes # 0

Thanks Muddypaws. I don't think you can do a straight copy from another TT. Won't but another if they drop all support for their old devices.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Probably not the answer, but have you considered looking on eBay for a cheap spares/repairs unit with the SD card supplied?.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Legslip

When you get sorted with the TT you might be interested in the link below.

There are more by selecting POI Downloads on the top bar.

My TT must be 5 years old and I still get updates for it.

Free POI downloads

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

legslip I have a Extreme iii 2.0GB SD card with TomTom 710 Europe maps v650.1052 that I no longer need. Could this be of use to you?

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

legslip

Were you able to get an SD card? Mine still available

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room