We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acer Aspire 5755G vs ToshibaSatellite L85-11P

zeus123

Likes # 0

Hi, I am considering 2 laptops which will be used for moderate gaming but am not sure which one to go for. The first option is the Acer Aspire 5755G-NX.RV4ER.002 with Intel core i7 2670M with 8GB of ram and a 1GB Nvidia GT630M graphics card. The second option is the Toshiba Satellite L855-11P with Intel core i5 2450M with 6GB of ram and a 1GB AMD Radeon HD 7670HD graphics card. I know that the Radeon 7670M is a little bit better than the GT630M(or renamed 540M) but am wondering how the other specs will affect each laptops graphical performance(for example with DX11 games like skyrim and battlefield 3) and therefore, which laptop to choose. Many thanks

Like this post
zeus123

Likes # 0

Any advice at all vould be very helpfull :)

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

I asked a similar question looking for opinions on two laptops 24 hours ago and have had no replies either.

Looking at this forum now it seems a pale imitation of what it used to be.

Can't really help you with your question other than to say I have an Acer Aspire (6yr old now) and which despite extremly careful use has finally sucumbed to the well known "tight hinge problem" and consequent damage to the lid. Other than that it has been fantastic and has never missed a beat with many hours daily use.

Like this post
zeus123

Likes # 0

i agree , i thought the forum would be quite helpful but they do seem to have ignored the question. Thanks for giving me some of your experience with an acer though, i am kind of leaning towards getting it because they do seem to be quite reliable.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers