We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Win 7 drivers for Logilink Video grabber VG0001

Andanotherthing

Likes # 0

Hi I have decided it is time to dust off this device and get those family videos digitized but cannot get any drivers for it for Win 7. The LogiLink support site does have drivers but when unzipped appear to have no setup.exe in the unzipped Win 7 folder here:

http://www.logilink.com/content/support/download.htm

I have run all three applications that appear when the Win 7 folder is unzipped but device manager still shows no drivers for the device.

It seems others have had grief: (the link in this video doesn't work!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvVFUEHPQe4

I have emailed LogiLink in Germany over a week ago and had no reply.

Is it me not doing something with those zipped drivers?

Also - is there one piece of software that stands out to capture VHS?

Many thanks

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

You can point the Video grabber in Device Manager to the Windows 7 folder where the driver is. Go to Device Manager click on your device then update driver then Browse my computer for driver software then Browse and head over to the unzipped Windows 7 Driver folder and windows should find it.

Like this post
Andanotherthing

Likes # 0

I had tried that but Windows cannot find the driver even when you browse to the folder.

I used the setup.exe that does appear in the Win 98 folder when you unzip it (which makes me think the Win 7 folder is wrong or corrupt as there is no setup.exe when this is unzipped)) thinking I might change the compatability of the devcie. Still no joy no driver found for the grabber although

USB Composite Device gets a green tick as ready to use

USB audio interface the same.

but USB2 Video Capture Controller has X - no driver found

I think it is the source zip at the support site that is wrong?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Try the Vista driver instead.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites