We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Canon Pixma MP490 misbehaving

chestnutcake

Likes # 0

Can anyone help please? The black ink cartridge on my printer was changed yesterday and later there was a message about needing to have the print heads re-aligned. A knowledgeable friend did this for me and afterwards, successfully printed out test pages . She also printed out an email, this was O.K. as well. Today, no documents typed in Word will print out. Machine goes through the motions but a blank page rolls out. She has been here again and spent one hour trying to get it to print, but no joy. We have even sent a Word Document to me, first as an attachment and tried to print that, but no joy. Then we highlighted the Word page, Control and C - went to a new email and Control and V but alas, no, it will not print any emails that have the document attached. Test pages still print out properly and as I said, incoming emails from other sources will print out. Such a mystery - has anyone any ideas please??

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

In Devices & Printers try right click on your Printer - select Printer Properties - Security Tab - do you have FULL control ? If not change permissions.

Like this post
chestnutcake

Likes # 0

Thanks Northumbria61 My Sister is calling round later this morning and she will have a go at following your advice - I have a tendency to make things worse when I try to solve problems!! Fingers crossed.

Like this post
chestnutcake

Likes # 0

This Helproom is fantastic because you can ask for assistance and get good answers - you can also have a damn good laugh as well.

My Sister came round this morning and before she could check the Properties suggestion, she had the sense to remove the new cartridge and in doing so, she discovered the tiny plastic seal that prevents leakage had been left in place !!!!!! Well, mistakes can happen and one good thing, we will certainly remember in future.

Thanks again Northumbria61 - and I have to say I have been told I should not be chestnutcake because a more appropriate name for me would be NUTCASECAKE !!!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers