We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Computer Locked

george.costa
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am supposed to have downloaded music illegally, the computer is locked and I must pay £100 through Paysafecard to unlock it. How can I unlock my PC?

Like this post
Miké

Likes # 0

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

OK, it is Ransomware.And you won't get anything for your money! You need to download a rescue disk from one of the Internet Security companies - one such disc being from Kaspersky - enter link description here

I must add that I have never had this problem or used this rescue disk but Kaspersky is a reputable company.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

do a google for: computer locked by police and take your pick of the solutions to get rid of the Ransomeware. Ransomware (Uninstall Guide)

Out of interest is this screenshot pic you get? deletemalware.blogspot.co.uk

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow