We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem with sound

smudge6521

Likes # 0

Hi, I recently installed some Bose Companion 3 speakers onto my system however I am unable to listen to certain things. Itunes is fine no problems likewise if I play a DVD. However my tube will not play all I get is a buzzing noise also with certain discs I insert my coursework for example its just a buzz. Is there some certain codec I need to download if so how do I fix this problem thanks in advance.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If you had no problems with your previous set of speakers then your computer is okay and it is the Bose speakers at fault. Perhaps they are too near your comp and are getting electrical interference?

According to wikipedia "Early units are also reported to have a buzzing noise after they are left on for a certain period of time"

Like this post
smudge6521

Likes # 0

It is not the speakers as they play films and music with no problems at all I think its something to do with certain codecs but am unsure which. The only things it struggles to play is utube related files.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Perhaps need to Update your Adobe Flash "Most videos on YouTube are streamed through Adobe Flash player. If you're having trouble playing videos on YouTube, we suggest you install the latest version of the Flash player." ClickHere and it details how to do it.

Let us know if that fixes it :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...