We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

AMD Catalyst problem

thumbscrew

Likes # 0

My Filehippo update checker keeps displaying AMD Catalyst as an update. I dutifully follow the procedure and it seems to be updated, however on opening Filehippo it's still there, waiting to be updated?? Can anyone advise please?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

It is only for XP if that is what you use.If Vista you have to use the other one in the box.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Or if using I/E are you clicking on the dropdown bar to allow the download.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Hello and thanks Buteman, I use XP, tried to download several times but it remains in FH. Candidly, I don't even know if I need it and I can't see any mention of AMD in "All Programs"

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Check in Downloads or documents.

Maybe go to the AMD site if you are not sure and see if there are any downloads there for your computer.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Unsure what you mean by dropdown bar, clicking on the item in FH leads to a conventional on screen download process. "Run" begins it and it goes to the end. I've done it countless times on other FH items, it finishes, it's done and it vanishes from the FH screen. For some reason it remains on display, leaving me no option to assume that it's failed, even though it appears to have been successful!

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Is there no way of turning notifications off for a particular program? AMD's CCC panel is usually bundled with any GPU driver update. So it migh just be a false positive so to speak from File Hippo.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Yea Chronus, there's potential for that, but I think it's kosher as I've got version 8 and it's offering 12.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Are your graphics card drivers up to date then? Check that they are,you can do that via a scan from ATI now. Might be worth it to see if that sorts your problem.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Got me there...Scan from ATI ????

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You can check for updates from within the Catalyst Control Centre which downloads direct rather than from a third party site eg filehippo.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...