We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Nero 6

March Wind

Likes # 0

I have XP and I put a video onto a disk with my com-bi video / DVD player. I would like to transfer the disk info onto another disk using my PC. I only have one disk drive. I think I did it and the PC said something that meant I had to put a different disk in. I then put a CD in when things started moving but I cannot get it to play. There is something on the disk but it will not open up and show my film. help please. I am told I should update the the codex,

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

By default, Windows XP doesn't have the necessary codecs to play DVD movies. Download the K-Lite Codec Pack (and I'd suggest the "Full" version). You should then be able to play the film.

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

Thank you I will do that. But I am wanting to put still pic on a DVD. Another prob is that I saw free downloads for Nere, I saved them. I thought it was going to go in Documents but I saved them on my desk top with a zip but when I try to open them they will not, and it doens't say run, so I think I will have the same problem

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Did you use Nero 6 to capture the Video to the hard drive, if so will it play on the computer directly from the harddrive?, If so what is the Format AVI or MPEG. AVI is RAW (Unformatted data) and MPEG is structured data.

Have a look at alternative burner to see if one of them suits you better.

Windows xp does not have a native unzipper, however a quick search will find plenty of free programs to do the job

http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search;ylt=Aj9Ij40gsxKWifwQf5vrgYc4hJp4;ylc=X1MDMjAyMzM5MjMxMgRfcgMyBGZyA3lmcC10LTcwMgRuX2dwcwMwBG9yaWdpbgN1ay55YWhvby5jb20EcXVlcnkDeHAgdmlkZW8gYnVybiB0byBEVkQEc2FvAzE-?p=xp+video+burn+to+DVD&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-702

Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015