We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Computer will not install windows - Hard Drive error

Luca M

Likes # 0

Hi All,

Have acquired a HP Pavilion s3652uk from a friend. They have told me that the error occurred after a shut down after some windows updates (windows vista).

The computer now fails to boot from the original hard drive, with the error :

'Disk boot failure, please insert system disk and press enter'

I have tried to boot from a windows vista or 7 install disc to re-install the OS however it fails to recognise the HD. I have tried a new HD and while it is recognised, it will not install, with the error code 0x8007045d.

It will boot to a linux live cd/usb just fine however trying to install linux also throws up a read write error on the HD's.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

check sata drive settings in BIOS see if set to ahci.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Have you set it to run With CD as first choice in the Bios.

Like this post
Zeppelyn

Likes # 0

This is a disk read/write error, most probable cause is a bad hard disk. Use the manufacurers diagnostic to check it or format from Windows setup if possible and run chkdsk /f /r.

Make sure all connections are good.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...