We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Error 1719 windows installer error

hssutton
Resolved

Likes # 0

I had a problem a few days ago when my display was upside down and all my 4 hard drives disappeared from Bios. I now have another problem with error 1719 Window Installer could not be accessed.

Any ideas, I've been searching the web for the past hour, but could not come up with cure. Windows 7 Ultimate.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It sounds as you have a virus/bug onboard. Win 7 uses WI version 5 and no download available from what I've read. Try running all your security software from safe mode. Reboot and run the system file checker at least twice. See if that helps.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Difficult to suggest as you don't say what you've already tried?

Were these any good?

resolve the error 1719 by using the methods discussed below:

Method 1:

Start the Windows Installer service

1. Click "Start", type "Services.msc"(without the quotes) and press {ENTER}
  2. Double-click Windows Installer
  3. Set the Startup type of Windows Installer to "Manual"
  4. Click "Start" to start the service.
  5. Click "OK".

Method 2: Unregister and re-register the Windows Installer to do that follow the steps provided below.

1. Click "Start", click "Run", type "MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER",(without the quotes) and then click "OK". Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.
  2. Click "Start", click "Run", type "MSIEXEC /REGSERVER", (without the quotes)and then click "OK". Even if you
    do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.
  3. Try your Windows Installer-based application again.

Method 3: Try performing System File Checker scan (SFC scan) on the computer.

1. Click "Start", click "All Programs", click "Accessories", right-click Command Prompt, and then click "Run as administrator". If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click "Allow"
  2. Type the following command, and then press "ENTER": "sfc /scannow", (without the quotes)
    [The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.]

A message will appear stating that 'The system scan will begin'. Be patient because the scan may take some time

1. If any files require a replace (SFC) will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Windows 7 DVD for this process to continue
  2. If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"
  3. After the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the computer and check.
Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Sorry about the lack of info Lotvic. Yes what you list is what I tried first of all.

Have been searching some more and come to the conclusion that a reinstall is the only way forward. I'm running on a cloned H/D at the moment. Just a small amount of data to transfer so not a major problem, but will leave thread unticked just in case someone comes up with a solution.

Like this post  
lotvic

Likes # 0

Only other thing I could find is Replace Reg Key though it is for Vista

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Thanks Lotvic. Will check it out after the race (F1)

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

lotvic

I followed the link and tried the suggestion, but no luck. Decided to bite the bullet and do a reinstall.

Many thanks for all your efforts

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features