We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New (to me) bogus Amazon Scam

morddwyd

Likes # 0

I know there are lots of different well known ones, but this was new to me.

An e0mail acknowledging that your order has been cancelled, and giving a link.

If, like me, you buy from Amazon three or four times a week it would be all too easy to click to see which order it is.

Amazon have confirmed it as a new phishing attempt.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Thank you morddwyd for the info. I know that your suspicion was raised simply because you use Amazon so frequently, but was there a clue in the email you might have picked up that it was a phishing attempt?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Yes.

The order number was not as long as the normal Amazon order number.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I've had several of these over the last few weeks. Since I haven't bought anything from them in the last few months, I twigged what it was at once and tagged it as spam.

The other one doing the rounds is from Youtube saying that "your video is now number one" I assume that they want your bank details so that they can "send" you the money.

And there are many others!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad