We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Device manager and Show Hidden Devices

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

In Device Manager and pressing Show Hidden Devices,I have a few old programs or drivers or whatever that I have removed before.Like AVG.Bit Defender.Zemana Antilogger and no doubt there are more.

Is it safe to delete those,or better just leaving them as they are.Not sure if they are all drivers or drivers and files.

Gut feeling says safe to remove but thought that I would ask first.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Have a look at this. Remove hidden devices.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Some will be for USb devices you use like the printer or external drives if not switched on or mem sticks.

I tend to leave these so that windows doesn't reinstall when inserting these devices,

all the others I delete.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Ok thanks both.

Chronis that did not work using W/7 so just deleted the ones that I new were no longer in use from Device Manager.

There was a fair list of ones that I did not know but will go through them at a later date.

Like this post  
buteman

Likes # 0

Slow on here tonight anyone else having the same problem.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

It's slow on here most night these days, the forum seem to be full of posts from people who after starting the thread never return.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK