We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Error Code 000641 & Four Uninstallerable Update Problems.

VeteranCosmicRocker54

Likes # 0

My computer is a Dell Studio running Windows Vista Home Premium and is three years old.

On Tuesday,10 out 14 updates installed correctly and 4 didn't namely KBs 2690729, 2604111, 2604121, 265405. I removed all of the installed updates and hoped starting from scratch would work but didn't.I've tried downloading them daily since to no avail. I also cannot download the Microsoft Fix It Centre either to determine the cause. I have ran all my security software in full (kept up-to-date daily namely C/Cleaner, Malwarebytes, Norton 360, SuperAntiSpyware, System Mechanic and Secunia) looking for bugs updates etc and nothing. I've tried the Microsoft solutions centre for this code 000641 and carried out what ideas were on offer but nothing worked.

Since this problem started, my start-up time has gone from around 2 minutes to around 5 minutes for some reason. I take great pride in my computer and being unable to solve this problem is somewhat annoying.

This is the first time this happened to me and I'm at a loss to see how further to progress and get these vital updates downloaded. May I please ask you for your help and suggestions as to a possible solution?

Thank you very much.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Have you tried using a Restore point prior to doing the updates? This should take the PC Registry back to where you were before doing the updates. If you recover functionality by doing this, I suggest you create another Restore point and then download/install each of the updates individually.

You could also read this article which may also help resolve your problems.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

johndrew

Tried to open your[ This article ]and Eset jumped in and blocked it straight away.

Is it a Known bad site or is Eset just being over protective.First time it has ever blocked a site so quick.

Anyone else having problems with it or just me.

The Marmite Kid

If you have Windows Updates set to automatic stop it from running and start using manual updates.See if that helps.it is probably Microsoft still trying to install or look for updates.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

buteman

Can't think why Eset blocked it, it's a perfectly good site. Here's the full URL http://www.dotnetonweb.com/41432.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch R video review: The most desirable Android Wear smartwatch

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming th)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad