We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

bt webmail access

mermaid25
Resolved

Likes # 0

a friend has a btinternet email address. a large file has started downloading but dosen't complete as too large. she needs to go to webmail and delete it so other mail can get through, but has never done it before and dosen't have any log in details. she is using outlook 2003 as her email program. she has just spent time on BT helpline but her tech skills are ltd and so is her patience, so i can only imagine her conversation with the tech guy was colourful! is there a way to find out her log in details somewhere in the outlook set up. I have outlook express so can't help her. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly received. thanks

Like this post
Ashrich

Likes # 0

The login user name and password is the same as used for Outlook , although if that can't be remembered BT can reset it for your friend , just make sure that they don't wipe out the whole account as they did to a client of mine the other week . The user name will be viewable in Outlook , the password alas will only show dots .....

Ashley
Like this post
mermaid25

Likes # 0

thanks for that. It would seem that Bt have now wiped all her mail from server, including those she had not downloaded to pc yet. I will close topic as it has now become something else!

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 release date, price, specs, new features: world's thinnest tablet also gets Touch ID

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Will Photoshop work with Yosemite? And will Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro or the other A?......

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...