We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dead dell Inspiron 10

iqs

Likes # 0

Hi, A dell Inspiron note book mini 10 that's not charging .i have bought a new battery,and tried another charger,still dead. Has the dell gone to silicon heaven ?, or is there a chance ? Thanks

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Assuming its working on mains?

Laptop Battery not showing Charging 1. Turn off the computer, 2. Take the battery out 3. Take out the power supply 4. Push the power button down for 30 seconds. 5. Reconnect power supply 6. Then the battery. Should now show 100% charged. This is because sometimes the mother board gets static and this clears it and the reason it showed not charging was because it was fully charged.

Like this post
iqs

Likes # 0

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/\ Thank you for the advice will give it a go,many thanks

Like this post
iqs

Likes # 0

Hi, Followed the above ,still dead. Thanks again

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Follow instructions again but when it comes to connecting the battery again don't.Just use the power supply and see if it will run without the battery.

Like this post
iqs

Likes # 0

Hi, Did as you suggested ,still dead ,thanks

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

iqs

Just much of the same.I use Fruit Bat /\0/\'s method with a few laptops and it usually works,Tried it on my grandaughters laptop and it would not work so tried again and after removing the battery and power supply hold on to a radiator and press the start button for 1 minute Put the power supply on again without the battery hold the radiator once more and press the start button,it worked for me a couple of times so worth another try.

I suppose it is over a year old and out of warranty.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...