We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

End now box?

PainX

Likes # 0

I keep getting a box come up when closing down that is headed: McciAsyncEventMgrWand. it says I will loose updates if I end now. So I can't close down my computer. It is XP...... I did close it last night, and it took 3 or 4 goes before it gave in and I was able to shut down for the night. I hope someone can help, as last time I called in someone to help with the battery change on my laptop, as instructions did not say how to do it, I was charged £35 which I thought was a complete rip off. More than I have housekeeping for the week, so a sparse food shop for the next 2/3 weeks. How can I get rid of this happening, I have looked at other sites and it showed how to get into My Computer and the Admistration section, but after that no help at all. There is a Triangle with a ! mark in it, but nothing to say what to do or how. Can anyone with plain English for a 'Dummy' help! Thank you.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

How long has this been happening? If not too long, say a week or so, then you could try a System Restore back to before this started. If you are not sure how to do a System Restore, preferably in 'Safe mode', then come back here for simple Instructions.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Also, what is the make/model of the laptop, and did the battery replacement include a new battery?

Like this post
PainX

Likes # 0

Thank you for your prompt response, Nortek, I will try the restore as you say and see if that will work. It is on an old XP computer I bought 12 years ago, and keep for saving photo's till I can sort them out, and Family Tree. but I also use it for ocassional emailing.

The laptop is Windows 7, and I had not had to replace the battery before. I didn't know it was slide this knob on the back and out the battery would come and the new one slot in.! I shall remember for next time.

Thank you again.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Your initial question did not make it clear that you were talking about two different computers!

If it was simply a case of swapping old/new batteries already in your possession, then yes that price was exorbitant.

You mentioned a Yellow Triangle, this is a normal Windows warning that an item of hardware/software has a problem - exactly where was the triangle shown, alongside which item? I assume this was on the XP computer.

What was the result of the Restore attempt?

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Try typing McciAsyncEventMgrWand into a google search. There are many postings including some here on P C Advisor help forum in earlier years. Looks as if a program you are running is causing the problem.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015