We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

White screeen on Laptop when booting up.

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Acer Aspire 5334 Notebook. When booting up just gets a white screen and nothing else.

It has to be switched off using the on off switch.

Just replaced the hard drive about 4 weeks ago and now this.I will not be able to have a look at it till tomorrow as she is on her way back from Uni.

Anything in particular that I should be looking for.Had to download W/7 Sp1 from the internet to use as she had not made back up CD's.So no back to factory settings on it.Downloaded a few drivers for her from acer and it has been working ok till today.

It should be Virus free but you never know.Maybe the Windows Updates might have affected it as she had MSE on it.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\ had a look at that earlier and hoped it was not that.

Managed to get her into safe mode and she did a system restore and it worked.I did tell her to do a system Repair so hope she never lost anything doing a restore.

So not sure what went wrong in the first place so will just have to hope it stays the way it is.

Thanks for getting back to me.Will class as resolved but will be back if the problem happens again.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide