We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

contacting Google maps re error

CUTHBED

Likes # 0

Sometime last year an update to Google Maps highlighted my private drive and an adjacent farmyard as a short cut to a distribution centre. As this data is used by Sat Nav co's I now have cars and lorries coming up my drive, only to reverse all the way back when they find the access blocked. I have contacted Google maps through the "report a problem" flag on the maps twice, and although they have acknowledged the mistake, they have done nothing to rectify it over the last 6 months. I telephoned Google's HQ in the UK but instead of a telephonist, I heard a recorded message telling me to dial the extension of the person I needed, or else go on to their online help, which only leads back to the "Report a problem". Does anyone out there know a way of getting to speak to a person at Google rather than an anonymous automated response system?

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

I think the answer is "you can't".

I assume this will be the number you are trying

Google UK Ltd

Belgrave House

76 Buckingham Palace Road

London SW1W 9TQ

United Kingdom

Phone: +44 (0)20-7031-3000 Fax: +44 (0)20-7031-3001

I would suggest phoning the number, and then when asked for an extension dial a 4 figure number (starting with 3) such as 7031-3123. After a bit of trial and error you might reach somebody on an extension who could direct to an extension for Maps. Who knows, you might even dial direct to the Managing Director!

It must be worth a try - good luck

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

The latest TomTom map on a new quite expensive device took me right into a cemetery a couple of weeks ago near Bristol - It was quite embarrassing actually as there was no where to turn around in a large van so I had to go right round & got some very strange looks.

There are a couple of major faults on a main road in the Derbyshire Peak District that have been on TomTom maps for years & every-time I go by I 'report' them but they never get fixed.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Borrow a couple of gates from the farmyard and block your driveway. A 'Beware of the Bull' sign may also help. once a map is published it will be some time before a correction can be issued and even longer before everyone updates there maps.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Set up a Toll Booth?

Like this post
Miké

Likes # 0

Send them an invoice for drive repairs, might get their attention!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do