We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Videos sticking/jumping!

hiwatt

Likes # 0

Hi folks I'm having problems when viewing online video content from youtube etc!The video is sticking while the audio continues to play then the video skips really fast and plays out of sync before sticking again?I've installed the latest version of Flash player and completely removed the previous version.I'm using the latest version of Firefox on Windows XP.I'm also frequently getting unresponsive script messages on several pages.When trying to type this message it was taking forever getting stuck all the time.When I ended flash player plug in from task manager it then was ok?Any ideas what can be causing this folks?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Download and Install the latest K-Lite Codecs pack from here enter link description here

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

@northumbria61:I've never installed any codecs before!Never needed too? What exactly are the codecs for and which should ones should I install?Thanks.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs and related tools. Codecs are required to encode and/or decode (play) audio and video. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play 99% of all the movies that you download from the internet.

Download the whole pack and Install - click on Download K-Lite Codec Pack in green lettering at top of page

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

northumbria61

Is this a solution to video buffering or is this a different topic?

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

The thing is up until fairly recently I didn't have any problems watching youtube videos at all and never had any these codecs installed?Also my partner's computer(Vista)plays the videos just fine too with the latest version of firefox and flash player?

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

what browser r u using is it firefox if so google how to speed up firefox, i must admit i have had this problem in windows, im using linux and i have had this problem.

In firefox you can change some setting under about:config but please google how to speed up firefox a cwhat is written, a word of warning if you do deide to amke these changes great you acn also reset them but if you do you may have to reinstall the downloads for the videos

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

You could certainly try downloading the free version on Speedbit Video Accelerator - when using it I have far less problems with buffering on YouTube than I used to.

Download from here

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

as an aside and probably nothing to do with it what connection speed have you or is there anyhing else running in the background while trying to view?

johnny

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Hi folks,Thanks for the replies thus far! Sea Urchin I'll give that Video accelerator a go and see if it helps? johnnyrocker it's a 10mb internet connection but as I say it was always absolutely fine until recently? There is nothing else running when trying to watch online video content!Does anyone know if updating the drivers for my graphics might help?I was a bit unsure of doing it in case it only created more problems as everything else seems to be working fine?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Didn't like Speedbit when I tried it years ago and it's not a cure really. Possibly a corrupt codec or Firefox is corrupted. Try running Ccleaner with FF closed see if it makes a difference. The script errors could be java, Verify Java

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow