We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

DECT Phone batteries.

BT
Resolved

Likes # 0

My DECT handsets seem to be getting to the stage where the rechargeable AAA NiMh batteries will soon need replacing.

It seems that most phones come with 550mah batteries, but is it OK to replace them with higher rated ones, 800mah or 1000mah perhaps. Will this have any detrimental effect?

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

The current drawn by a device for a given applied voltage is determined by its internal impedance. The answer to your question is no.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Just the opposite.

They will last longer. MAh, milliamp hours, is a measure of the capacity, like millilitres.

Like this post  
BT

Likes # 0

I assume the charger bases will cope with higher rated batteries.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

The answer to that, should be posted on the charging device or instruction booklet. Best to check if a warranty is involved?.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

The main reason I ask is that so called '550mah Phone Batteries' are a bit like original Ink cartridges. They are in general much more expensive than standard rechargeables. Its reassuring to know that I can use standard ones as replacements.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

spuds

Phones are well out of warranty, and as far as I can see the instruction book doesn't think batteries will ever need replacing. The charging bases just say Input 9v-300mh, presumably a reference to the mains adapter, with no other indication. As I see it larger capacity batteries will just take longer to charge.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room